ERM Strategy workshop (Why ERM?)
1 day executive awareness workshop
The ERM Strategy workshop provides you with the knowledge to gain ownership and support from senior executives.
- ERM business drivers
- The need for ERM best practices
- The link between ERM and your current situation
- To demonstrate the impact of ERM on users
- To understand the concepts of ERM’s effect on information challenges
- To identify necessary resources and organisational responsibilities for implementing ERM
- To explore the implications of an ERM strategic decision
- To gain commitment for change
The ERM Practitioner course (What is ERM?)
12 online modules or 2 day training class
The new and improved ERM Practitioner course covers the lifecycle of records and related concepts such as classification schemes, metadata, security, retention, and disposal. The new course also includes changes in the vendor landscape; increased focus on email capture and retention; expanded focus on new content types such as wikis and blogs; and new best practices and standards. The course also provides additional focus on taxonomies; migration technologies for moving away from shared drives; auto-categorization to develop and maintain taxonomies, and auto-classification to extract metadata.
- Records management terminology and principles
- Lifecycle of records, with focus on electronic records
- Sources of records and appropriate capture mechanisms
- Current metadata standards and guidelines
- Concepts of classification and different approaches depending on local business needs
- Search, retrieval and presentation
- Levels of access control and permissions
- Retention and disposition
- Records management technologies
- Technologies such as SharePoint, ECM and ERM for managing electronic records
- Electronic records storage
- Digital preservation techniques
Become an AIIM ERM Practitioner (ERMp) after passing the online exam.
The ERM Specialist course (How to implement ERM?)
11 online modules or 2 day training class
The ERM Specialist Certificate course covers global best practices for ERM implementation according to ISO 15489 part 2 and related processes such as business and systems analysis, developing a business case, business and system requirements, project management, and roll out. You will also gain knowledge on advanced topics including Enterprise ERM and emerging issues. We do recommend that you take the ERM Practitioner course before starting the ERM Specialist course.
- To manage an ERM program consisting of several coordinated projects
- To identify the stakeholders of an ERM program
- How to carryout business and technology assessments
- To develop a business case for ERM
- To identify business and system requirements for the ERM system
- To understand information governance
- To identify records management policies and procedures
- How to design records management policies
- How to design records technology solutions
- To understand model offices and pilot implementations
- To define and explain the project work products for ERM implementation
- To understand what is meant by benefits realization
- To understand discovery and disclosure activities
- How to address trans-jurisdictional records management issues
- Understand records management issues with email, mobile communication devices and E2.0 technologies
Become an AIIM ERM Specialist (ERMs) after passing the online exam.
The ERM Master course (Putting it all together)
4 day training class
The ERM Master Certificate course comprises the main elements from the above strategic workshop and certificate coursesin addition to a case study exercise. The course provides complete coverage of electronic records management for professionals working in both the public and private sector.
Participants will use their newly gained knowledge to plan, design, and implement an ERM project based on case study exercises and expertise learned from the Strategic, Practitioner, and Specialist Course programs.
Become an AIIM ERM Master (ERMm) after passing the online exam and case exercise.